Monday, December 1, 2008

Blog summary #3

Over the past 12 weeks I have learned that leisure plays a big part in every individual’s life. The reason for my bold statement is because, we as humans need that outlet, we need to be able to somewhat vent after being bombarded with stressful situations. A prime example of stressful situations is what will happen in the next two weeks, thousands of us will be forcing ourselves to stay awake studying for finals and crying over work we should have kept up with during the course of the semester. In order for us to regain sanity for the holidays, we as human beings will have to experience some type of optimal arousal in order to release the stress hormones which will be inflicted upon us in the next 14 days. Now as I have learned throughout my 12 weeks I know that leisure can be experienced at anytime and anyplace, because there is no such thing as time when it comes to leisure, but I strongly believe that it will be hard to experience substantial amounts of it when we have finals on the brain. But once our constraints have been removed our freedom to leisure more expressively will be available. Although there can be individuals who may view this final period as leisurely, because all their hard work and determination will finally be put to the test and their confidence of their outcomes may override the fact that they have to stock themselves up on caffeine. I have learned that being leisure educated can be fun regardless of how challenging an activity may be. When I did gymnastics for the first time, it was indeed tough, but I was very anxious to learn what I needed to do, to better myself and to perform at the skill level that I am capable of. I have always taught individuals how to perform certain exercises in the gym because of my training background, and because of this class I can therefore classify myself as a leisure educator. Because for those who enjoy exercising my tips help them, and later on intrinsically motivates them to come back because of the results they have created. Extrinsic factors can also be a factor because they may be doing it to impress friends or to attract the opposite sex. Over the course of the semester I have learned great values of leisure and will continue to leisure educate those in the workout world, because of my job title. And to add insult to injury because of Mr. Henle I will now be able to pronounce the proper way to annunciate Csikszenmihayi lol.

1 comment:

Jessica A said...

Nice blog summary. Expresses important ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content. 8/10